April Focuses on Respect
RESPECT (April 2012)
Good morning Grizzlies! This is Corporal Tong with a word about the Character Counts program here at Cal High.
This month we are focusing on the Character Pillar of RESPECT. Respect is certainly an attitude and can be summarized as being sensitive and appreciating others (including their cultural traditions, feelings, and rights). To be respectful requires that one tries to understand differing opinions.
How can you show respect to others?
- Be honest. If you do something wrong, admit it and apologize.
- Be positive. Don’t embarrass, insult or make fun of others. Genuine compliments show respect.
- Be polite.
- Be reliable. Show others you mean what you say.
- Be a good listener.
- Obey laws and follow rules.
- Be caring and show genuine concern for others.
- Don’t be afraid to stand up for someone if you see them being disrespected.
- Most importantly, don’t forget that self-respect is the most important form of respect.
A great quote by novelist, Jane Austen states, “Respect for right conduct is felt by everybody.”
Have a great day everyone and remember to show great character, because Character Counts!