Online Athletic Registration
Changes have been made - Please read carefully!
2. Turn in your packets August 2nd- 4th in the Finance Office
3. Go through the registration process by reading and agreeing to the statements and policies.
4. At the end of registration, you will be given a link to download and print the following forms to turn in:
- CIF Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Clearance Form - This is the only form we will accept as clearance to participate in sports. This form must be signed by a licensed MD or OD. Forms signed by other medical personnel such as Nurse Practitioners, Physician's Assistants or Chiropractors will not be accepted. This form is good for one year from the date of the exam and must have the doctor's office stamp on it. If you have a current physical on file, you do not need to turn in this form. It is strongly recommended that the physical exam be scheduled during the summer months to minimize classroom absenteeism. If the clearance expires during the season, the athlete will not be able to continue to participate until an updated clearance is turned in to the Finance Office. Please keep a copy for your records.
- SRVUSD Athletic Participation Clearance Form - This is a three-page form and two copies of the first page are needed: an Office Copy and a Coach's Copy. Please fill out all pages completely.
5. Turn in these forms to the Finance Office during the designated dates and times for each sport season (see below). Please do not leave them in a box, on a counter or desk, or give to a coach! When the on-line registration has been completed and the forms have been received, the athlete will be given a Yellow Clearance slip which the coach will collect on the first day of tryouts. All coaches have been instructed NOT to allow a student to try out without this Yellow Clearance slip.
ELIGIBILITY: It is a privilege, not a right, to participate in any extra-curricular activity. To be eligible to tryout for any sport, SRVUSD mandates that all athletes have a 2.0 GPA or higher based on their last quarter’s grades and have passed a minimum of 20 units that quarter. A 2.0 GPA or higher must be maintained throughout the season or the athlete will become ineligible to participate.
TURN-IN DATES: Turn in your forms to the Finance Office between 10:00 am - 2:00 pm.
High school athletics in the San Ramon Valley Unified School District are “self-funded.” The athletic programs do not receive funding for equipment, uniforms, transportation, officials, most coaching stipends, and all of the administrative costs of running an athletic department. As such, voluntary donations are solicited to fund these valuable programs - without your generous donations we will not be able to offer sports at California High School. Donation amounts are posted in the main office and Finance Office, and will be collected at the parent meeting for each sport after final rosters are determined.
Although the athletic programs can only survive through voluntary donations, an individual’s participation on a team is not dependent on financial contributions. We encourage all interested students to try out for athletic teams.