*Athletic Packet is NOW available for download!
Medical Exam Form can be downloaded from the 'Athletic Packet Locker' on this page.
Turn in the completed packet to the Bookkeeper’s office:
Cheer & Song: April 15th – 22nd (First day of tryouts April 29th)
Football ONLY: June 5th – 7th (First day of practice August 12th)
Fall Sports (all other): August 14th – 16th 10am – 12pm and 1pm – 3pm (First day of tryouts August 19th)
Winter Sports: October 21st – November 4th 10am – 12pm (First day of tryouts November 11th)
Spring Sports: January 21st – February 3rd 10am – 12pm (First day of tryouts February 10th)
CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Prior to tryouts, each athlete must turn in a completed Athletic Packet to the Bookkeeper’s office. Forms may be picked up in the main office, the Bookkeeper’s office or downloaded here. When all forms have been completed and turned in, the athlete will receive a Yellow Athletic Clearance Slip. This is to be given to the coach at the first tryout. All coaches have been instructed NOT to allow a student to tryout without this yellow clearance slip.
Mandatory Forms: (Turn in to Bookkeeper’s office)
- Athletic Parent/Guardian Consent/Proof of Insurance
- Pre-Participation Medical Examination and Clearance - A medical clearance isgood for one calendar year from the date of the doctor’s signature on the form. SRVUSD policy states that only a medical doctor (MD) can administer a physical examination for CHS athletes. Signatures by Nurse Practitioners or Chiropractors will not be accepted. If a Nurse Practitioner performs the physical, a doctor still must sign the form. Please have the doctor’s office stamp and date this form including the physician’s phone number. It is strongly recommended that the physical exam be scheduled during the summer months to minimize classroom absenteeism. If the clearance expires during the season, the athlete will not be able to continue to participate until an updated clearance is submitted. Please keep a copy for your records.
- School Trip Permission/Emergency Information
- Parent/Student Consent and Waiver of Liability
- Concussion Information Sheet
- ImPACT Permission Form
- Signature Form
*Click MANDATORY Forms in the 'Athletic Packet Locker' (right side of page) to download and sign.
By initialing and signing the Signature Form (listed above), you are acknowledging that you have read, understand and agree to comply with the information provided in the following policies:
- NCS Ejection Form
- AR6145-Extracurricular Activities
- Student Code of Conduct for School Trips
- Make the Right Choice
- Androgenic/Anabolic Steroid Policy
*Click Read Only in the 'Athletic Packet Locker' (right side of page) to download and read.
Personal Auto Use Form: (Turn in to main office)
If you wish to drive athletes to away events, please complete this form:
- Personal Automobile Use Permission Form - please attach copies of your driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
*Click Personal Auto Use Form in the 'Athletic Packet Locker' (right side of page) to download and sign (for parent drivers).
Eligibility: It is a privilege, not a right, to participate in any extra-curricular activity. To be eligible to tryout for any sport, SRVUSD mandates that all athletes have a 2.0 GPA or higher based on their last quarter’s grades and have passed a minimum of 20 units that quarter. A 2.0 GPA or higher must be maintained throughout the season or the athlete will become ineligible to participate.
High school athletics in the San Ramon Valley Unified School District are “self-funded.” The athletic programs do not receive funding for equipment, uniforms, transportation, officials, most coaching stipends, and all of the administrative costs of running an athletic department. As such, voluntary donations are solicited to fund these valuable programs - without your generous donations we will not be able to offer sports at California High School. Donation amounts are posted in the main office, and Bookkeeper’s office, and will be collected at the parent meeting for each sport after final rosters are determined.
Although the athletic programs can only survive through voluntary donations, an individual’s participation on a team is not dependant on financial contributions. We encourage all interested students to try out for athletic teams.